- microscopic extremophiles
- Deinococcus radiodurans: The world's toughest known bacterium. Highly resistant to radiation, can be found in harsh desert environments, can survive in outter space for >=3 years, can survive cold, dehydration, vacuum, and acid.
- Thermococcus gammatolerans: Found in hydrothermal vents at 70–95 °C, this organism can survive 3000 times the radiation that would kill a human.
- Exploding animals
- Some jellyfish are immortal, some bioluminescent
- Island gigantism
- Giant Squid: Compared to Colossal squid, Giants squid are longer (because of their longer tentacles), but lighter. Inhabits all oceans, but frequents the North Atlantic; Avoids tropical & polar climates.
- Colossal squid: Compared to Giant Squid, Colossal Squid are heavier, but shorter. Inhabits only the Southern Ocean.
- Gigantic octopus
- Mammoth, & Woolly mammoth
- Photo of an awe-inspiringly enormous pile of American Bison skulls to be used as fertalizer. The American Bison was brought near to extinction, but has recovered.
"Blue Tears" bioluminescent algae in the East Asian Sea:
Toxic but awe-inspiring Dinoflagellates.