The first casualty of war is truth.
Why America cannot win WW3
The [Great American Empire] has no friends that matter in a fight. Its own population is sick in mind and body, and have been deliberately sickened so as to make them easier to control. It has no social capital to call upon. Its economy is faltering. Its leadership is sclerotic, corrupt, illegitimate, and despised. Its expensive military is unlikely to be able to maintain itself (indeed, from what I've read, this is already a problem), it has squandered resources on expensive white elephants of little military value against a peer competitor, and its training standards are in the gutter thanks to the same ideological madness that's ruined everything else in the decaying compost pile of Western society.
- Operation Northwoods: Declassified US DoD proposal to then President Kennedy for the CIA to commit false flag violent terrorism (including bombing) against American military & civilian targets (near Miami, other Florida cities, & Washington), blaming it on Cuba, and using it as casus belli (justification for war) against Cuba. JFK declined. This prompts some people to question the 2001-September-11th attacks.
- Operation Susannah / The Lavon Affair: Failed false flag bombing by Israel against Egyptian-, American-, and British-owned civilian businesses within Egypt with the aim of keeping British troops in Egypt's Suez Canal zone
- Regarding the Russian Perspective of the Russian-Ukrainian War
- Cicada 3301: Presumed intelligence agency online recruitment puzzle-set that is open to public participation. "The most elaborate and mysterious puzzle of the internet age", focusing heavily on data security, cryptography, steganography, and internet anonymity.
- Number stations, Secret broadcast: An encrypted radio broadcast from intelligence agencies (e.g. CIA) to spies in the field of foreign countries. (see https://priyom.org/number-stations for lists of live and inactive ones)
- The assassin's teapot: A teapot that covertly contains multiple inner chambers, and allows the handler to stealthily control which chamber liquid pours from, enabling surreptitious / deniable public poisoning, & funny pranks.
American whistleblower of illegal domestic & international espionage by
the NSA & Five Eyes
- The American NSA shares raw intelligence including Americans' data (without minimization / anonimization) with Israel - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/11/nsa-americans-personal-data-israel-documents
Canary trap / barium meal test:
The practice of giving slightly different versions of a document to each recipient,
so that if the document is leaked then the person who leaked it can be identified.
- Trap streets in maps
- Spurious words in dictionaries
- Zero-width spaces in digital text
- Machine (e.g. printer) identification codes
- EMP / Electromagnetic Pulse
- Unidentified decedent: A corpse whose identity cannot be established by police nor medical examiners
- The space race was partially a cold-war excuse for missile / ICBM research and development.
- Psychological warfare
- Doomsday Risk
DEFense readiness CONdition Readiness condition Exercise term Description Readiness DEFCON 1 COCKED PISTOL Nuclear war is imminent or has already begun Maximum readiness. Immediate response. DEFCON 2 FAST PACE Next step to nuclear war Armed forces ready to deploy and engage in less than six hours DEFCON 3 ROUND HOUSE Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness Air Force ready to mobilize in 15 minutes DEFCON 4 DOUBLE TAKE Increased intelligence watch and strengthened security measures Above normal readiness DEFCON 5 FADE OUT Lowest state of readiness Normal readiness
- Doomsday Plane
- Black bag op: A clandestine entry into a building etc. to obtain information for an intelligence operation.
An unethical law enforcement process of building a parallel, or separate, evidentiary basis for a criminal investigation
in order to conceal how an investigation actually began.
E.g. Gaining intelligence from illegal warrantless domestic surveillance from the NSA about an individual / suspect that possesses contraband, and then have LEOs surreptitiously surveil that person (ostensibly just on routine patrol or surveilling someone else) looking for pretextual evidence (perhaps operating a vehicle at slightly faster than allowed speeds or perhaps a LEO from a different agency provides an anonymous tip reporting a fictitious crime by a fictitious person that coincidentally matches the description of the suspect) to allow a search of that person or their property in hopes of "coincidentally" locating the original contraband.
- Civilian casualty ratio (AKA civilian-combatant ratio): During war, how many deaths are civilians compared to combatants.
- Project Eldest Son: During the US-Vietnam War, American special operations forces covertly supplied Vietnamese forces with marginally partially ammunition that was usable by Vietnamese weapons. Only a very small fraction of the ammo was sabotaged to cause the entire rifle to explode on use.
- Nuclear strike plans
- EMP / Electromagnetic Pulse caused by Nukes
- Long-term nuclear waste warning messages: ¿How does one warn people to stay away from nuclear waste repositories, in a way that will be understandable 10,000 years from now?
- Vela incident: Presumed secret nuclear test by Israel & South Africa that occured halfway between South Africa and Antarctica. Some information about the event remains classified by the U.S. government.
- Test how identifiable you are to websites / trackers
- List of security hacking incidents
- List of data breaches
List of cyberattacks
- Digital Attack Map: Top Daily DDoS attacks wordwide
- Cyberwarfare by China
- Cyberwarfare in the United States
- Krebs on Security: One of the world's premier cybersecurity blogs
- VPN Service comparison
- Go to TorrentFreak. On the right-side, under "POPULAR POSTS", look for "Which VPN Providers Really Take Privacy Seriously in <current year>?"
- General technology privacy / security guides
- Mass surveillance in China (example: It is estimated that there are twice as many surveillance cameras in Mainland China than there are humans in the United States)
- Map of where cellphone prepaid cell service / SIM registration demands real identity verification, some including biometrics (maps on pages 7 & 9, details on pages 22-30) (related report of cell phone privacy across the Earth)
Surveillance devices that impersonating cell towers to be able to detect nearby cellular (e.g. cell phones, hotspots) devices, and in some cases intercept their communications.
Counters include:See also this deep-dive into IMSI-catchers (including additional counters) by the Electronic frontier foundation
- airplane-mode (though this demands putting one's trust in the software and is difficult to verify)
- faraday cages (e.g. faraday bags, even a makeshift one made of tin foil)
- Printer Identification Codes: Certain printers will mark each printed page with a nearly invisible mark that identifies which printer it came from, and when. This was used to identify and imprison NSA whistleblower Reality Winner.